Let’s be honest, all you’ve been listening for the past two weeks is Harry Styles’ debut, self-titled solo album…and I get it because well #same. This album signifies Harry Styles as his own powerhouse, shrugging off his boy band pop image he’s beyond famous for, and instead showcases his transformation into a more rock-conscious, rock-inspired, credible performer.
Styles takes inspiration from Bowie in his hit single off the album, “Sign of the Times” and throughout the album’s entirety other musical icons’ influences can be heard such as, Prince, The Beatles, Elton John and The Rolling Stones. Harry’s incredibly powerful, stunning vocals speak (or rather sing) for themselves on this 10-track album, allowing him to finally have the means to actually show his fans his true potential and talent. No longer having to share the spotlight or hinder his own vocal capabilities to the liken of bandmates, Harry Styles is finally offered the chance to thrive in a new light on this debut venture, one that resonates with his devoted fans as more personal and without a doubt, much more satisfying.
Listen to the playlist below for some Harry highlights along with other must-hear songs that #soundslikeharrystyles new style.
1. Naked As We Came by Iron and Wine
2. Young Blood by Noah Kahan
3. Stay Alive by Jose Gonzalez
4. Hold Back the River by James Bay
5. The Stranger by Lord Huron
6. Big Blood Car by Gregory Alan Isakov
7. We Don’t Eat by James Vincent McMorrow
9. From Eden by Hozier
10. Typhoon by Young the Giant
11. A Lack of Color by Death Cab for Cutie
12. Straight Into Your Arms by Vance Joy
13. Blood by The Middle East
14. Re: Stacks by Bon Iver
15. The Fear by Ben Howard
16. Retrograde by James Blake
17. (No One Knows Me) Like The Piano by Sampha