Leave the cookies and milk to the fictitious fat man in the red suit and indulge in delicious treats that scream “I’m doing this adulting thing right!” By combining a nice healthy snack with a seasonal cocktail, you’re sure to save the calories for what really matters…getting drunk.
Quick Baked Pears
2 large Bosc pears
2 tsps sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried mixed fruit (such as Sun-Maid Fruit Bits)
1/4 cup low-fat granola
1/4 cup apple juice
1/2 cup vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt, divided into 4 small scoops
- Peel pears; cut in half lengthwise. Use a melon baller or grapefruit spoon to remove core and seeds, creating a hollow.
- Place pear halves, with cut sides up, in a glass pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over pears.
- Combine cranberries and granola; mound into hollows of the pear halves. Pour the apple juice in and around pear halves. Cover dish loosely with wax paper.
- Cook in microwave on HIGH 6-8 minutes or until the pears are tender when pierced with a knife. Let stand in the dish 5 minutes. Use a large slotted spoon to transfer the pears to serving plates.
- Drizzle juices from pie plate over pears and serve with frozen yogurt.
Courtesy of Health.com
Santa’s Sleigh Cocktail
White sugar crystals, preferably coarse
2 cups store-bought eggnog, chilled
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
4 cinnamon sticks
- Dampen the rims of 4 martini glasses and then line the rims with sugar crystals.
- Combine eggnog, brandy, amaretto, nutmeg, and ice cream in a blender; process until smooth. Pour mixture into martini glasses and garnish each glass with a whole cinnamon stick.
Courtesy of Food Network