The last day of the year is finally here. It’s your last opportunity to binge on delicious desserts for 2015 without feeling guilty. Now, if you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve party or pregame, you could go with something millennial chic, like cut up Entenmann’s Crumb Cake, served on toothpicks off of a silver platter. Or you could fill make your own alcoholic dessert that almost everyone loves — some of that classy bubblies, the drink of the night — Champagne.
Here’s the perfect Champagne-filled cupcake recipe to try out last minute, thanks to The Back Label.
If you pull these sweet treats off the right way, @champagnepapi aka Drake may take a break from putting strippers through college, to get a taste of your delicious Champagne-filled Cupcakes!
Champagne Filled Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 sticks (10 tbsp) butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sparkling wine or Champagne
- 1 jar buttercream icing
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Place baking cup liners in 2 muffin tins (20 liners).
- Mix together butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy, then add in eggs one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Then, gradually add in to larger bowl.
- Stir in 3/4 cup sparkling wine, slowly, until well combined.
- Pour batter into baking cup liners until about 2/3 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Mix buttercream frosting with 1/4 cup sparkling wine.
- Frost cupcakes and serve.