- Sprint and T-Mobile are going head-to-head in an attempt to win over iPhone lovers with new phone plans.
- T-Mobile released a “leasing” plan that allows iPhone fanatics to own the latest models for just $15 per month. Every time a new upgrade comes out, owners can swap it out for that one without waiting for their contract to end.
- Sprint said “hold up” and released their own iPhone Forever plan. Read about the plan below (p.s. it’s got more perks than T-Mobile).
- So when is the new iPhone 6 being released? Apple guessers are saying early September.
Back in the 2000s when we thought having a cell phone was cool (and if you were the lucky bastard who had the Sidekick, congrats), one of the first questions we asked someone was, “Do you have Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile?” We wanted to avoid all the extra fees texting someone with a different cell carrier. Now that those days are over and we’ve become adults, we still want to make sure we are getting the best bang for our buck.
Upgrading your phone is an exciting time, but the wait to do so, especially when a the new iPhone model comes out, can be excruciating. Well iPhone users, look no further because Sprint is competing with T-Mobile to keep you as a customer and iPhone user.
Earlier this summer, T-Mobile rolled out a “leasing” plan that gave iPhone users the option to swap out their outdated iPhones for the new iPhone 6 for just $15 per month, Engadget reported. Every time there’s an iPhone upgrade coming out, you can swap out your old one for the new one as long as you pre-order it within a couple of days. However, you must make the switch by Sept. 7 to get this sweet deal.
T-Mobile did a similar deal in 2014 when they released Jump, which allowed their carriers to switch twice a year instead of the standard two-year contract.
Sprint is telling everyone to hold up on T-Mobile, meet iPhone Forever. In a press release, Sprint announced its new iPhone Forever plan. Curious? Here are the details:
- A 16GB iPhone 6 model for $22 OR $15 if you trade-in an old device *This only applies if you get an individual unlimited plan or family share pack plan*
- Upgrade by 12/31/2015 and get the $15 promotional price
- After the second upgrade, your monthly cost is $22 not including tax and service plan charges
Another perk of Sprint, however, is having the lowest total bill overall between AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile as well as paying for your old contract termination fee so you can switch.
So when is the new iPhone coming out?
The Telegraph is reporting a possible September 25th on sale date and a September 18th pre-sale. Apple is expected to reveal the new upgrade by early September.