Graduate from college? Check. Move back in with mom and dad? Check. Finally found a real job 1.5 years later? Check. New place, oooh yeah, now we’re adulting. Tried to bring your old comfy twin mattress from home into your new apartment? EPIC FAIL.
It’s two steps forward, one step back with this whole “being a grownup” thing, and buying a bed is part of that process. Some of us do it too casually, and some of us get anxiety attacks just thinking about it. But TBH, most of us should err on the side of anxiety attacks, because this is no small decision. Think about it:
- Your new bed will outlast most of your sexual partners and relationships
- It’s a long term investment, and not a cheap one.
- Your bed is everything; it’s a club/dining room/movie theatre/brothel/cubicle all wrapped in one.
- Assuming your thotting ways usually lead back to your abode, you’ll spend a good portion of your life sleeping in your bed, on average 229,961 hours, not to be specific or anything.
- You buy new houses and rent new apartments, but you take your mattress.
Having a cozy bed is not only an important financial decision, but also contributes pretty significantly to your happiness. Nothin’ better than a good night’s sleep. Here are some tips to help you choose the right bed and make the next step in your adult life with all the confidence.