It’s Friendsgiving, the days before Thanksgiving where you get to spend time with the loved ones who won’t harass you about when you’re going to finally get married, or when you’ll stop couch-surfing and take up that job offer. They’re actually closer to you than some of your blood relatives, so you might want to leave the food poisoning for later this week. Try these simple recipes and wow your friends into thinking that you’re progressively adulting at an impressive rate!
Bacon Flavored Stuffing Balls
Serves: 12+ people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 6 cups cubed white bread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash (original)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup crumbled bacon
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil paper and lightly grease or apply cooking spray to foil.
- In a small skillet, sauté onion and celery in butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed bread and other seasonings.
- Add onion mixture, and egg; mix to coat bread evenly.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place stuffing balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes
- Serve on toothpicks if you’re fancy, or just throw them in a colorful bowl.
And from our dear friends at Absolut, a Thanksgiving punch, strangely reminiscent of the house party jungle punch you may have ingested in your college days.
The Thanksgiving Punch
- 1 Part Cranberry Juice
- 1 Part Pink Lemonade
- Ginger Ale
- 1 Slice Lemon
How to mix:
- Fill a chilled rocks glass with ice cubes. Add cranberry juice and pink lemonade. Top up with ginger ale. Garnish with lemon.