It’s 1 a.m., you’re shitfaced, and it’s your turn to put a song in at the karaoke bar. You can’t carry a tune to save your life when you’re wasted (let alone when you’re sober), but you really want everyone to like you. Or love you. So what do you do? You play your cards right by selecting a crowd favorite, duh.
Now, being that I’m from South Florida, land of the karaoke bar, I am quite the expert on what the fans (A.K.A. fellow drunk people at the bar) want to hear. And so I have dutifully compiled this list of bangers that are sure to get you some cheers, hollers, hoots, ass-slaps, and maybe even some surprise guests on stage with you.
Remember to always sing like nobody is listening, because nobody really is, they’re too busy screaming along with you at the top of their lungs.
1. R. Kelly – I Believe I Can Fly
2. 4 Non Blondes – What’s Up
3. Bon Jovi – Livin’ On a Prayer
4. Beyonce – Drunk in Love ft. Jay Z
5. Weezer – Say It Ain’t So
6. The Spice Girls – Wannabe
7. Oasis – Wonderwall
8. TLC – No Scrubs
9. Blink 182 – All the Small Things
10. Miley Cyrus – Party in the U.S.A
11. Sir Mix a lo t- Baby Got Back
12. Destiny’s Child – Say My Name
13. Any Disney Song Ever (But for now let’s practice A Whole New World)
14. Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
15. Journey – Don’t Stop Believing