You probably know him best as Tom Haverford, everyone’s favorite entrepreneur on Parks and Rec, but on his new Netflix show “Master of None,” Aziz shows a whole new side of himself. The show’s both funny and insightful, and basically, it’s gonna be your new favorite. Here’s why:
1. Aziz’s character is a struggling actor, and the parts he auditions for are amazingly funny.
2. There’s a pretty adorable romance that goes on with a girl named Rachel that’ll make you see Aziz in a leading man light.
3. There’s a lot about first generation parents and the sacrifices they made for us to…well…have iPads and ignore them.
4. He talks a lot about racism, especially against Indian-Americans, which we just don’t get to see on TV that often.
5. There’s plenty of jokes about sexism, too, especially about the creeps women face while dating.
6. There’s plenty of classic Aziz technology jokes, making the show feel very relevant for 2015.
7. And Aziz’s parents on the show? They’re his parents in real life, and they couldn’t be any funnier.
So what are you waiting for? All 10 episodes of the first season are up now. Time to treat yourself to a binge-watch session!