Good morning, my dear. We might be strangers and you may take your coffee black while I take mine with a creamer, but I think we have something in common.
Your sleepy eyes are still begging to see more than just your alarm, aren’t they? Your hands crave to graze the snooze button, but they’re also eager to reach for your dreams, right? Your coffee may be waking up your insides, but don’t you really want those head-over-heels butterflies to revive you instead?
Don’t we all? Don’t we all want to ignore that it’s morning, and that all we want to do is go back to bed in the safety of our sheets? Don’t we all want to pretend Mondays don’t exist and count the minutes down to Friday? Sure. But I believe we all want something just a bit more than the change of a weekday.
Undoubtedly, we’d like to wake up and attack the day no matter what our unsteady minds are telling us before caffeine. But really, we want to reach out to our other half of the bed and find a warm body to cling to. We want to find the soul that makes mornings beautiful versus livable.
Well, today take your cup of Joe with some inspiration from R.M. Drake who knows just how to peer into your soul without being creepy. Let this poetry be the sparkle your morning is missing and the push you need out the door and into someone’s heart.
- “She was a beautiful dreamer. The kind of girl, who kept her head in the clouds, loved above the stars and left regret beneath the earth she walked on.”
- “Somewhere along the way we all go a bit mad. So burn, let go and dive into the horror, because maybe it’s the chaos which helps us find where we belong.”
- “It was never about the world being too big, it was more like she was too much for the world to handle.”
- “Magic is when you live your life the way you didn’t picture it and leave nothing behind.”
- “Your greatest dreams will always slumber within the vicious depths of fear.”
- “Be authentic to yourself, but if you must cheat, cheat yourself out of the lies the world created.”
- “Sometimes I feel like my life is a wild beast trapped in an unlocked cage, and it is awfully afraid of what lies on the other side. That is what hell is like; having something viciously brilliant inside of you, but not believing in it enough to set it free.”
- “People are bored. People are mad, insane and sick. Too busy trying to understand what others are doing…and during the day they pick up where they left off, and they forget to leave their mark In the world while they’re still here.”
- “I can tell you’re not yourself lately and I hope wherever you’ve gone, you feel free.”
- “And for a second time you begin to discover yourself again. This is the kind of feeling people have when they start to believe in something bigger than themselves.”
- “And the sky smiled right back at you, like it knew a little more about you each night.”
- “You are only as free as you think you are and freedom will only be as real as you think it to be.”
- “She was never crazy. She just didn’t let her heart settle in a cage. She was born wild, and sometimes we need people like her. For it’s the horrors in her heart which cause the flames in ours. And she was always willing to burn for everything she has ever loved.”
- “The worst thing you could do is tame the chaos in you. It’s like being told not to feel when you’re thrown in the fire.”
- “The funny thing about advice is we always tell others the things we can’t really do ourselves.”
- “She slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew a lion was among them.”
- “All the people we have met and all the people we have yet to meet are meant to exist so we can find them. So we both could exchange a set of directions, which will guide us to the next place we are meant to go. And as we go, we must always believe that maybe this could be our last stop. That maybe the next person we will meet will not have a set of direction, that maybe they will offer us something beautiful enough to inspire us to stay.”
- “Don’t think. It complicates things. Just feel, and if it feels like home, then follow its path.”